Join us on Thursday, June 27 at the Lambs Club, New York for our breakfast briefing, sponsored by Enfusion: The big debates on outsourcing as asset managers look to run tighter ships . The morning event will feature a panel-led discussion and informal networking opportunities with other industry professionals.
- Overview of the range of tactics being used by fund complexes to manage fixed costs at a time when margins are being squeezed across the sector
- Debate the rise of outsourcing in the sector, the type of functions that are increasingly being outsourced to third parties and the dilemmas for fund groups weighing up such moves
- Pros and cons of build vs buy in terms of internal systems – navigating options around creating in-house expertise or outsourcing to a specialist
- How are evolutions in technology driving various outsourcing options? How can managers best place themselves to take advantage of this?
- How can outsourcing/co-sourcing decisions impact a firm’s bottom line?
- Evolving investor thoughts on outsourcing – are allocators only impressed by ‘big brand’ partners? What are the big questions investors asking about a fund’s outsourcing practices?
- From a governance perspective what are the big questions for fund boards when advisers are looking to outsource tasks and functions that were traditionally done in-house?
08:15 Registration and networking breakfast
09:00 Introductory welcome – Fund Intelligence Managing Editor Paul McMillan
09:05 Panel discussion – The big debates on outsourcing as asset managers look to run tighter ships
09:45 Audience questions
Paul McMillan, Managing Editor, Fund Intelligence
Jesse Robinson, Head of Investment Operations, SSGA
Matt McGarry, Global Head of Outsourced Middle & Back Office Services, Enfusion
Mike Wyne, CFO, Phalanx Capital